Friday, September 11, 2009

Just FYI

So, now that I've settled in to my new blog home I figured for those who may read this I'd give you a little peek into what makes me Me.




  • I was born in Natchez, MS, literally on top of the great Mississippi (and at a point where it really is great!). I still love Natchez, and wish there was a way my children and husband could experience it for all the greatness it offered me.


  • I LOVE thunderstorms and tornadoes. When my parents first moved our family to OK, back when I was in third grade, my mom's tremendous fear of these storms rubbed off on me, and I would make myself sick with worry any time there was a gray cloud in the sky. Now, after years of obsessive weather-watching, storm season is a time of excitement and adrenaline rushes for me!


  • I love to cook, bake, prepare food...but hate to eat! I used to think it was sheer torture when I would go on a date with a guy and he would take me to dinner. Eating in public is not something I enjoy at all!


  • I've had a crush on my husband since I was at least a freshman in high school. He was a year ahead of me in school, and had a girlfriend pretty much all the way through high school. We had a class together my junior/his senior year. I sat right in front of him in Algebra 3, and it was the biggest, giddiest distraction ever. I finished the class with a C. And I'm really good at math.


  • My son, Bouncing blue-eyed boy, was born on June 16, exactly one month before his due date. That day also "happens" to be the birthday of the friend who is responsible for The Boy and me dating in the first place. I think God chose the perfect way to honor her involvement with this incredible love we share.


  • When I was seven years old I fell out of a tree trying to get into the house to watch a new episode of Full House. Upon hitting the ground I broke both my wrists. No, the kid in the tree with me did not push me.


  • I always desired to have a blond-haired, blue-eyed child. Firgured I'd have to adopt from Sweden or Russia to get that. My precious son was born with sparkling blue eyes (The Boy has milk chocolate colored eyes, mine are chameleon-like hazel) and brown hair with blond streaks. Today, he's as blond, and blue-eyed as one could get. God gave me that special little gift, simply because He knew I really truly desired it.


  • When I was nineteen years old, I planned my own funeral with my mom. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, after an acute onset of migraine headaches. To this day, all doctors say there is NO way my headaches were related to the tumor. They referred to it as an "coincidental finding". As a believer in Christ, my personal Lord and Savior, I know better. The tumor is gone now, having been surgically removed. The migraines remain...


  • I have two AMAZING sisters...


  • My husband and I named our first born child after a football field.


  • My parents are truly the best parents in the world. And they've been married for over 30 years. How cool is that?


  • My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. I love our nation...and fireworks.


  • I can't wait to be a nurse. I have an intense passion for nurturing and can't wait to serve God by serving my patients.


  • I would love to have a house FULL of children. I think it would be SO much fun to have about 10 kids.


  • I hate washing my hair, and LOVE brushing my teeth.


  • I would totally love for someone to come in to my life and completely make over my wardrobe, makeup, etc. I just don't have the energy to figure it all out.


  • My best friend and I could pass for twins. And if there was some kind of award for the best friend in the world...she would win, hands down. I love my Twinnie.


  • I wish I had a really cool accent...something like Nicole Kidman mixed with a little Penelope Cruz.

  • I REALLY enjoy sleep. And I'm really tired right now. So I'm going to go treat myself to some sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment