Sunday, September 20, 2009

Not what it seems

I assure you, the reason I've not posted since Thursday is NOT because I've been slacking! Quite the opposite, in fact! Gosh, we were just CRAZY busy all weekend, and it was great!
Friday, Baby Boy and myself stayed in bed for most of the day feeling crummy. Fortunately for me, Petite Princess was able to go to MDO so I only had to keep up with one toddler for a majority of the day. It was so nice though, to spend some quality snuggle time with my Baby Boy. He's getting so big, it seems everyday he's more boy and less baby. Definitely a bittersweet time for his mommy :(
That night The Boy and I were supposed to be attending a wedding rehearsal and dinner for some very good friends' ceremony, but since I was not feeling so great, he went alone. His band was also going to be playing at the reception, so they needed some extra practice time anyway. So I got the kids bathed and in bed early, and then tucked myself in for an early bed time.
Saturday, we were in hyper mode ALL day! We got up early, with several errands needing to be taken care of. Since it's the weekend, we try to do as much as possible with just the four of us, even if it means just running all over the city, in and out of the car many times. I was so blessed to have all three of my loves accompany me to pick out a new outfit for the wedding. Amazingly, no melt downs occurred while we were shopping, even from The Boy! ;) So I got an adorable new outfit that everyone agreed looked good. After that we got to head to a local builder's supply store to check out appliances and lighting fixtures for our *potential* new house! I should have more (good) news on that later this week! Just keep us in your prayers, please, as this has been a much longer process than any of us ever anticipated. We know God has the perfect home in store for us, we are just growing more and more anxious to get our family in to it! Then it was time to drop the kiddos off at Mimzy & Dude's so The Boy and I could get ready to head to the wedding.
It was set at the most adorable location in the heart of old downtown, and truly is a vintage oasis in the midst of metropolitan hustle abd bustle. The colors were magnificent- true reflections of the beautiful fall season we are entering into. Rich oranges, warm grays, greens and deep, saturated reds. And the bride was absolutely stunning. We had a wonderful time "playing" with old friends, and listening to The Boy and his band play. We spent the cool, breezy, beautiful evening dancing, singing, eating cake, and thoroughly enjoying ourselves. (I'll post some great pics of all this later in the week!)
Today, I was still not feeling too great, so we were sluggish to get up and around for church, and unfortunately did not make it to our home church for worship. I feel so out of sorts on the weekends now, and it resonates through my week when I don't get my Sunday morning routine just right. I miss the time of fellowship and worship with brothers and sisters who are united to celebrate the love of our gracious God. However, we were able to join my parents (and the kiddos) at their home church, which is the church I grew up in. It's nice to be able to go back to your "roots" every now and again.
The rest of our day was spent doing family things. We took my mom & dad to see "the house", then we did a little Sunday shopping with our two favorite kids on this earth. The evening was nice and relaxed with just pizza for dinner, followed by baths and story time. It's so fun to get to watch the kids interact with each other in these special moments. They truly are getting to be great friends, and I love to watch that relationship blossom.
We are looking forward to a great week, hopefully and prayerfully filled with some BIG blessed events for our family. We hope you all had a wonderful weekend filled with fun, laughter, love, and blessings. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment