Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Long time, no post

So yes, it's been a while since I've posted. Again, not due to slacking, just SUUUUUPPER busy. The weekend was crammed full of stuff, even though it wasn't all fun. Plus, we've all been taking turns being sick, which is never fun. Precious petite princess had her 15 month well baby visit, and thankfully, all was well! She is still quite the petite little thing, though, landing in the 25th percentile all the way around, except for her head circumference, which, in TRUE fashion for our family, was solidly in the 97th percentile! That's a big ol' brain in there for a petite princess! She did have to get two shots (never fun, but necessary!), and pulled through like a trooper only crying a bit on the second shot.
Friday I didn't have class, but didn't get to enjoy my day off as it was my turn to be sick. Nothing major, just enough to keep me down and feeling crummy. I started to feel a little better as the day progressed, and by the afternoon I was feeling well enough to go get the kids from MDO and take bouncing blue-eyed boy to get his hair cut. I have to admit, I'm a little sad about it now, as it didn't turn out quite the way I was wanting. Oh well, it will grow. After that, we headed out to my parents' house, as it was the big moving day for them. It was with very mixed emotions that I drove the roads in the neighborhood leading to the home I grew up in. I'd already had a good cry about it that morning, but continued to be a little weepy as the final things were loaded up and we cleaned. I have a whole post planned dedicated to this event, coming up so stay tuned! We all caravanned (?) to the new house and shared a dinner of pizza and hot pop (Mommy Dearest forgot they had no ice yet!).
Saturday morning The Boy had a dental appointment for a baby tooth that had been bothering him. Good thing I went with him, because they ended up needing to remove the tooth to prevent further infection. Fortunately (though he feels otherwise) the tooth was in a location that no immediate action needs to take place to replace it. It's one of his far back molars, so it in no way affected that gorgeous smile. He spent the rest of the day in pain :( so I played mommy, wife, and nurse that day!
Unfortunately I think I wore myself out on Saturday because Sunday I was feeling awful again. We DID make it to Sunday school and worship, but I was not feeling my greatest. We had planned (and told bouncing blue-eyed boy) that we would take the kids to the fair. I was so upset thinking I wouldn't be able to follow through with that promise! However, after a good nap and some meds, I was feeling well enough to pack everyone up and head off to the great state fair! We had a WONDERFUL time, just our little family of four! Great food, rides, games, and of course, pics!! I'll be posting those soon.
For now, we are all starting to feel better (thank goodness!) and gearing up for the fun, festive month of October! This time of year is SO much fun with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment